DEATH DEVIL \m/

A room for new forum members to say hello, tell us a bit about themselves and get acquinted with old hands in general.

DEATH DEVIL \m/

Postby Hikikomöri » Mon Nov 21, 2011 7:06 pm

Heya

I bumped into a member of this group whilst playing pool at the Civic Pub a while ago. Have finally gotten around to looking it up, although I really don't have much idea about it and it looks like things are winding down for the year anyway. In short, I'm a 36 year old male who is somewhat obsessed with Heavy Metal and Anime. My favourite shows would be Strawberry Panic, K-ON!, Koihime Musou, Angel Beats!, Elfen Lied, Hell Girl... The list goes on. I'm also rather fond of the whole Vocaloid thing even though it clashes somewhat with my usual musical tastes. My favourite character is Sawako Yamanaka (the teacher out of K-ON!) and I'm half trying to collect every bit of merch' ever made. It's a battle though. About the only other thing that might be of interest is that I spent a year living in greater Tokyo. I'm pretty sure this helps me pick up some of the small nuances in Anime but it also taught me there is so much stuff I will never, ever get. But oh well. Still <3 it.

Might try to pop around to one of the screenings if there's going to be any more this year.

Pleased to meet you all.

\m/

EDIT: Wow. Ugly formatting :/

EDIT 2: You have to manually size your profile picture?
Hikikomöri
Stalker
Stalker

Re: DEATH DEVIL \m/

Postby Xunlyn » Mon Nov 21, 2011 9:34 pm

Winding down? Pah! Foolishness. Feel free to come along to a screening anytime, we always welcome fresh mea- faces! Because the club has a lot of non-students or students who are locals, we usually continue events right through the uni holidays. For the near future we'll keep on doing our weekly screenings- that's 6pm Wednesdays at COP T and 5pm Fridays at MCC T3.

Welcome to the club~!

(PS. Sorry about the formatting, they're working on it. You can manually resize your picture if you feel so inclined. If you have any suggestions for improvement for the site or are willing to give us a hand, definitely rock up to our AGM at the start of next year ;D )
「これが君の探しているロボットではない」
Xunlyn
Post Master General of the Wooden Ball
Post Master General of the Wooden Ball

Postby Eroseijin » Mon Nov 21, 2011 10:43 pm

Looking Forward to see u at the screening!! :) ;) 8-)

Likes H.Metal huh! Good! Check out "Detroit Metal City" the OVA series! :twisted:
Eroseijin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Hikikomöri » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks for the welcomes. Nice to know there's members who aren't students. Figured there probably would be though as when I googled 'Canberra Anime' this group came out top. Might see you at a screening \m/
Hikikomöri
Stalker
Stalker

Postby Hikikomöri » Sun May 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Made this account last year kind of intending to try to get involved at the beginning of this year. Completely forgot about it. Oh well. The introduction above still stands. Pretty much all of my Anime friends are overseas and I have not / probably never will meet any of them. Would be interesting to meet up with some locals with similar interests so I may once again try to turn up to one of the screening nights. I just finished watching A-Channel which I see is one of the series being shown and it was adorably cute. I could easily sit through that again.

Series I'm currently watching are Accel World, Sankarea, Black Butler, Queen's Blade, Strike Witches, Bodacious Space Pirates, and Welcome to the NHK. And I'm still obsessed with Sawako Yamanaka :p
Hikikomöri
Stalker
Stalker

Postby Maku » Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:54 am

yeah you should come to one of the screenings! =D

I usually go on fridays, so if you do decide to come i´ll be the annoying one with either a scooter or doing parapara in the middle of the corridor.
LOL
Maku
Fledgling of the Post
Fledgling of the Post

Return to New Members