2012 lineup

Have some constructive criticism, want to suggest a more pizza nights? toga nights? Dance Dance Revolution tournaments!? Here is the place to vent your constructive urges.

2012 lineup

Postby Godless » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:28 pm

We are now two weeks in to our lineup and I want to gauge how well everything is being received.
So guys, what do you like, hate, don't watch and why?

just a reminder, our current lineup is;
Wednesdays: Aquarion, Nisemonogatari, Sekaiichi Hatsukoi , Inu X Boku Secret Service, Blood-C, Carnival Phantasm
Fridays: Working, Mawaru Penguindrum, Brave 10, A channel, sympongear, Fate zero

I'm gonna refrain from putting down my views here until we get some other posts in.
To 'Errr' is Human, to 'Arrr' is Pirate.

Lelouch was the cart driver. Watch his and furry Kallen's adventures in Code Geass season 3 aka spice and wolf.
Godless
Post Master of the Yard Stick
Post Master of the Yard Stick

Re: 2012 lineup

Postby themightybutterfree » Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:38 pm

I'm enjoying both but personally I think Wednesday has a much better line up at the moment.

For Wednesday, the only weak series at the moment is Inu x Boku SS (although it has potential to improve), Aquarion Evol is hilariously awesome and Sekai McYaoi has actually been legitimately funny (unlike most of the 1st season). I have no idea about the backstories for Nisemogatari or Carnival Phantasm but they have a sufficently good 'WTF is going on' value that they're both really enjoyable to watch. And Blood C is pretty gory/violent which is good although the plot/character development so far has been quite shoddy. And the short little Fireball things are funny too. Overall, everything works well to appeals the different things I like in anime.

Friday isn't so good. Working is hilarious and Fate Zero seems good so far as well (although not knowing the backstory of the franchise in detail, I probably miss half the references). Brave 10 and Mawaru Penguindrum were okay so far, although Mawaru Penguindrum got really creepy with the mulptiple levels of stalking this week and I get the feeling it's going to go downhill quite quickly. I'm not really enjoying A Channel or Symphogear, mainly as I can't relate to the (approx) Grade 8 girls in A Channel (plus it got very creepy as well this week) and the voice actors in Symphogear really suck at singing (which is awful considering the show revolves around the concept of singing in order to fight). Overall, I enjoy the beginning and end of the screenings but find myself playing iPhone games to keep occupied about halfway through
NO ONE INTERRUPTS THE MIGHTY BUTTERFREE!!! BURN IN HELL MAGGOT!!!
themightybutterfree
Site Admin
Site Admin

Return to Feedback and Suggestions